The National Association of Theatre Owners (NATO) and its subsidiaries – CinemaCon LLC and the Cinema Buying Group (CBG) – provide this privacy notice to describe how we collect, use, share, and otherwise process personal information.
Collection of Information
We collect information that you provide to us on applications, registration forms, and via our websites, including your name, address, email address, phone number, fax number, payment information, employer, social media handles, birthday, and any other information you choose to provide. We may collect this information when you apply to become a member, register for an event, purchase our products, or interact with us for any other purpose.
Use of Information
We use your information for the following purposes:
- To deliver products and services you request, including membership benefits and subscriptions to our publications (NATO Newsletter, The President’s Report, GR Updates);
- To deliver member services;
- To alert theaters of security issues that affect their locations;
- To advertise and market our products and services, including to provide communications on events, news, and other relevant information;
- To process applications or registrations;
- For business purposes, such as analytics, research, marketing, recruitment, operational, and governance purposes;
- To comply with the law; and/or
- As otherwise disclosed at the time information is collected.
We intend to use or otherwise process your personal data only for the purpose for which it was collected. If a new purpose arises, we will provide you with information regarding the new purpose for the processing, as well as other relevant information, prior to processing your personal data for the new purpose.
We share your information with third parties, including the following:
- Third parties that perform services on our behalf, including payment card processing companies, online gateways, and the accounting firm that collects the quarterly Admissions Survey data;
- Other NATO members, including through the publication of the NATO Membership Directory;
- NATO’s Insurance Program (Reynolds & Reynolds) and Payment Card Processing (Vantiv) partner organizations for their direct marketing purposes.
- Third parties that assist with services related to our events, including facilities hosting our events;
- Pursuant to a subpoena, court order, governmental inquiry, or other legal process or as otherwise required by law, or to protect our rights or the rights of third parties;
- With your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing.
Our digital properties permit members to post comments. The information that you post in these areas of our websites is available to other members and the general public.
This section applies to those that visit our digital properties from the European Union.
Transfers of Personal Data
Please be aware that the personal data we collect may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your state, province, country, or other jurisdiction, where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your location. If you are located outside of the United States, please be advised that we process and store personal data in the United States and your consent to this privacy notice represents your agreement to this processing.
You have a right to the following:
- To request access to the personal data we hold about you;
- To request that we rectify or erase your personal data;
- To request that we restrict or block the processing of your personal data;
- Under certain circumstances, to receive personal data about you that we store and transmit to another without hindrance from us, including requesting that we provide your personal data directly to another, i.e., a right to data portability; and
- Where we previously obtained your consent, to withdraw consent to processing your personal data.
If you have questions, comments, or concerns about this privacy notice, please contact us at NATO headquarters.