NATO is the largest trade association in the world for movie theater owners. It serves the business, legislative, media and technology interests of theater owners in the United States and around the world. NATO represents all of the largest circuits in North America, as well as hundreds of independents and international members.
Representing More than 69,000 Screens in 102 Countries
NATO Worldwide Member Operations
As a NATO Member You Will Receive…
A subscription to BoxOffice PRO, NATO’s official monthly magazine, that will keep you up to date on film releases, movie reviews, exhibition news, technology, ratings, NATO services and activities, as well as monthly columns from NATO personnel.
Free domestic box office predictions provided by BoxOffice Media, including opening weekend and total gross predictions for the North American market. You will also receive quarterly predictions for the North American box office that focus on the current quarter and the upcoming quarter.
The online Encyclopedia of Exhibition, updated constantly, is packed with the most information in one place on film grosses, upcoming releases, and filmgoer demographics. It also features a directory of international and domestic exhibitors and distributors, cinema companies ranked by screen count, trade publications, and more.
NATO Also Provides for Its Members…
- Members only content on NATO’s Website.
- Members only update reports on legislation and technology developments, as well as distribution and marketing policies.
- Members only quarterly reports on litigation matters affecting the exhibition industry.
- Registrations to CinemaCon, the Official Convention of NATO.
- Free registration to NATO’s Annual Membership Meeting and the NATO Fall Summit, held in conjunction every fall in Los Angeles.
- Reduced rates for the NATO Online Employee Training Series.
- Loews Hollywood Hotel (must be logged in to view)
- The Beverly Hilton (must be logged in to view)
- Access to low cost liability, life and casualty insurance.
- A fulltime professional staff to provide information and guidance to members.
- Washington, D.C. representatives to monitor and influence laws and regulations that affect our members.
- Free ratings materials (posters, placards, decals, brochures).
- Technology and building consultants to guide exhibition on new developments in the industry’s infrastructure.
- A complimentary subscription to BoxOffice magazine, the official magazine of NATO.
- Daily articles digest of news stories relevant to the exhibition industry.